Sunday, January 27, 2013

T.E.A.M Together Everyone Achieves More

You know that saying "you don't know what you got till it's gone." Well, I got a little taste of that when my husband was not able to go out with us today. Unfortunately, he had to stay home and prepare for a medical procedure tomorrow. Me and the girls went to church with out him and then to my sisters house to celebrate our oldest daughters up-coming 18th Birthday. She will turn 18 this week the same day as my husbands surgery so we decided to celebrate it today to ensure that she felt special. The girls and I had lot's of fun with my mom, sister, nieces, nephew, stepdad, and brother-in-law but I still missed my husband. For all you military wives who are routinely apart from their spouses I commend your strength and sacrifice. I was away from him for 1 day and as I sat there singing happy birthday to my girl turning 18 and as we prayed for God to bless her this year I really missed having him there with us. My family felt incomplete. I have been together with my husband since I was 15 years old. This year makes 21 years together and 13 years married. Over the years we have persevered over many ups and downs all the while growing more and more as one. However, I can appreciate these little moments that we are apart because it is moments like these that remind me how special our relationship is. It reminds me even after all these years, of the importance of investing in our marriage and in strengthen our relationship. I came home to my husband who was patiently waiting for us. We just talked a while. His procedure and up-coming surgery is heavy on my heart but I feel confident that together we can weather this storm and persevere because of our love for one another and our love for God. God, my husband, and I are a team. It is only through our relationship with God that our relationship with each other has been able to grow so strong. It reminds me of the scripture in 1 Peter 1:22
Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart
The love God has shown us is an example of the love we show for one another. We are a T.E.A.M because Together Everyone Achieves More. I hope you lived happily ever after today. Goodnight, Lots-of-Love Isca

No comments:

Post a Comment