Friday, January 25, 2013

MOMMA MIA

Thinking back on my teen years I can see clearly that I really was a terrible daughter. Now my mom was not perfect, but she didn't deserve to deal with a lot of talking back, attitude, disobedience, rebellion, pride, anger, cursing, temper, laziness, selfishness, unkindness, and just plain old me being rude. It's sad but I always thought it was my mom that wasn't loving me, when in reality and according to the word it was I that was not loving her. After all in 1 Corinthians 13:4 the "love" scripture starts off with Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs If that is what Love is... Then I was not loving. I'm glad to say I am doing better as my mother's daughter. But what's even more encouraging is that with all that I put her through she never stopped loving me. Now here I am much older with 3 daughters of my own and my Mom is still sacrificing for me and showing me her Love. With everything going on with hubby we have just been so extremely busy. And if we are not busy then we are just plain old tired. With hubby's family on the way to visit us to offer him moral support during the surgery this week I have the added strain of getting my home "company ready". Well my Momma came to the rescue. I give thanks to her and to God for getting my whole house "company ready". I thank God for my mom and just because in his divine wisdom he decided today should be a staff day for teachers so that kept all the kids home today to help clean. It was so amazing to come home to a spic and span clean house. And boy what a weight was lifted off my shoulders. It makes me all the more grateful for mom's especially since tonight I can sleep happily ever after thanks to my Momma Mia. Happily ever after to you tonight. Lots-of-Love, Isca

1 comment:

  1. I don’t think you were a terrible daughter, but like many teenagers headstrong. It’s awesome to know that today you have a great relationship with both your Mom and daughters. Adding God in the mix makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete