Sunday, February 3, 2013

CIRCUS LIFE

Sometimes life feels like a circus. In this three ring circus I often feel like I am the juggler. Each responsibility in my life represents a different ball. One for my husband, one for my kids, one for my home, work, finances, health, God, you get the idea. With so many balls in the air it is inevitable that some will fall to the ground and may be left there a while unattended. The balls will sit there until the juggler can finagle it up off the ground and back in the air again without dropping any other balls in the process. With my husbands surgery it felt as though every other ball was on the ground except for the one ball that represented my husband. I don't know why but, the one thing was all I was able to handle and I let everything else just fall to the ground. Thankfully none of the other things I usually keep up in the air are so far gone that I can't pick them up and get them moving again but it made me think about my priorities. In picking all my responsibilities back up and juggling them in the air again I'm reminded of the following scriptures
Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
and
Deuteronomy 6:5-7 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
The truth is that no matter how many things I am juggling in my life, God wants to be top priority. The amazing thing is that if I put Him first He will give me the ability to keep everything else up as well. With God as my top priority I am able to not only be an amazing juggler in this circus called life, but God allows me to be an exceptional juggler like the ones who juggle with one hand or can juggle the swords and fire without getting burned. If I choose to pick up the ball that represents my relationship with God first everyday God will make sure that all these things will be given to me as well and life won't feel like a circus anymore. I hope you Live Happily Ever After today! Love Isca

No comments:

Post a Comment