Sunday, September 8, 2013

Shine Bright Like a Diamond... or Ruby :)

I recently had the privilege to travel to Washington D.C. with my family. We did the Smithsonian Museum's and visited The Museum of Natural History. One exhibit displayed various beautiful diamonds, rubies, and other rare and precious gems from all over the world. All of these were considered to be highly valuable and were the most shiny, bright, and sparkly gems I had ever seen in my life. They were so beautiful you could hardly look away from them. This exhibit was by far the most crowded with spectators pressing in to gaze upon the beautiful and bright gems.
I thought of this trip to the museum and recalled the sparkle of these gems when I read the following passage.
Proverbs 31:10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
The bible says that a wife with noble character is worth far more than these precious rubies at the museum, so it made me think then how much more brightly should she shine? I realize that as a wife striving to imitate the wife of noble character that I am to sparkle and shine brighter than those gems. I too, am called to shine like a precious gem reflecting God's light in my home to my husband and children. This is a high calling as it is not always the easiest thing to do. Especially when you are tired, frustrated, emotional, or just plain ole overwhelmed. Shining bright like God commands can be so challenging, but overcoming these feeling and pushing through to shine bright like a precious ruby is what makes us so valuable to God. This helps me not to give up, but to stay polished so I can reflect the light and shine bright for God everyday! This helps me Live Happily Ever After...I pray you live Happily Ever After too.
Lots-of-Love, Isca

1 comment: