Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Press On

Where do you start when you haven't spoken to a good friend in a long time? Starting from the beginning seems so far back, you almost don't want to talk at all. So I say instead of picking up where you left off, why not just begin right where you are. The good and the bad times come and they go, but we all move forward. It always boggled my mind how the world and everyone in it just keeps going. Even if things in your life happen to stop you in your tracks everything else keeps moving forward. That's true with me also. Thankfully nothing has stopped me in my tracks, although I have had my fair share of missteps and stumbles, but I continue pressing on. This reminds of Paul's words in the book of Philippians:
Philippians 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
This scripture reminds me that I am not just pressing on toward some meaningless goal or insignificant prize or award that will sit on some shelf in my house collecting dust. But I am pressing on toward the goal to win the prize for which God himself has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. That is pretty amazing! So then, I encourage you to keep pressing on and live happily ever after today. Love, Isca

No comments:

Post a Comment